CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 02, 2011

The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan

Alex and I have been reading books since well, we don't even know!! We enjoy every minute of it. We have thought about starting book clubs but decided to start here.  The book club I joined had us reading this book for this month but I became too inpatient and picked it up last month.  It's a very interesting read, where the Smith family has one of it's own members fighting threw cancer.  This book was an interesting read simply because of her real feelings during cancer.  The worst is that her own father fights cancer with her.   I didn't enjoy her word choices and simply not having the gospel in her life had an influence in that.  The ratings on good reads are 1 star: didn't like 2 stars: it was ok 3 stars: like it 4 stars: really like it 5 stars: loved it.  I decided to follow that rating system and I gave this star 3 stars simply because of the realism of the book.  How she felt and what she went threw as a person without the gospel.  It helped me appreciate being a Latter Day Saint.  Let me know what you think if you have read this book!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment