CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Florence June Wariner Smith

June 10, 1921-June 16, 2011

Alex received a call around 11:30 June 16th we where asleep and his dad had called.  Usually any calls during that time at night, we know it's important.  We had found out that Grandma June, Al's only living grandparent, had passed away earlier that day.  Grandma June had been Alex's only grandparent that he had ever known. June's memory had been gone for awhile and her condition was getting worse.  It was something that family had been planning for awhile but not waiting for.  We remember everytime meeting her she was the sweetest, always smiling, always happy.  Even though we would have to introduce ourselves several times she was always very kind.  We had all been planning for her Birthday party on the 2nd of July.  I was so excited for Zoey to get a picture with her great grandma. We are happy that Grandma June is with her family, her eternal father, and her husband!! What a blessing.  Families can be together forever.
June loved her shoes.  She was so sad when she found out that could
not wear her high heels anymore!



This is the most amazing picture I have seen!  Al and I couldn't stop staring at it
This just left a knot in our throut and we just held each other.



June and her living children

Past family reunions.  Alex was on his mission on this one

Past family reunion Alex stands on the left near the tree.





 
Kids where able to play in the nursery for awhile before memorial
service began they had such a great time!!


Many of the grandkids sang I am a child of God for Junes service.


I had never been to a funeral before.  It was the most beautiful service.  We all came together as family and we where able to meet everyone again.  We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives.  We where able to listen to June's testimony:
"I am not eloquent in speach; indeed it is difficult to express the deepest feelings of my heart in words.

But I do have a strong testimony that God lives and hears and answers my prayers, also that His son Jesus Christ our Savior lives and with the Holy Ghost leads and guides me every day.  I am never alone because He is always there beside me.

I know without a doubt that God the Father and His son Jesus Christ appeared to the Porphet Joseph Smith and restored th true gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth, and that all the prophets since then have been true prophets.  Indeed we have a true prophet today even Gordon B. Hinckley.  I know we will always have a true prophet to guide and direct us.

The gospel has done and still does so much for me.  I am so grateful the missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints came to our home to bring the gospel to us, and that my mother recognized it and was baptized into the church.  Then I was baptized soon afterward on August 12, 1936.

I have been blessed far beyond what I can ever name or count.  My greatest blessing was in meeting a "True Son of God" (quote my Patriarchal Blessing), Verle Smith who took me to the temple to be married for time and all eternity.  Then we were blessed with the privilege of bringing into this world seven special and wonderful spirits.  They have been and are my reason for living.  I pray that someday I will be worthy of them so we can all be together forever.  This is my most fervent prayer in the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

Christmas, 1998

0 comments:

Post a Comment