CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

2nd Smith Campout!!












We had a pretty good time this weekend. Last year we started an annual Smith campout and the turnout was great this year we had a good turnout yet we missed those that weren't there. I decided to make Hobo dinner tonight aka tinfoil dinner. I was so delish next time we'll just put more in cuz it was AMAZING, Al sure loved it he just kept saying "mmm... this is good!!" I also made peach cobbler for this year I wasn't sure if it would come out good because I haven't made it since junior high but it was really good. Even though next year Jody told me that if I put in sprite it mixes it all for me and gives it a sweeter taste (though it was already sweet). Hey it's camping it only happens once in a while!!! I got really nervous though with breakfast. I made yearly at young womens camp, ziplock omelets they were GREAT then and I was soooo nervous they just wouldn't turn out well. It took forever to get the water boiling and going but Alex and I had great omelets next year I'll get up earlier to get the water boiling earlier.



Wow that's a lot of "next years" oh well we all learn!! Oh goodness Zoey Jane well lets not talk aobut the little girl at camping. I'm starting to believe that she is a girl that just loves the pampered life... maybe we're raising her that way... hmm??? No I completely refuse we've taken her camping at such a little age she's going to be an all around girl I guess I as long as we introduce her to all of her options then she'll have the opportunity to say so for herself right??? Well lets hope that works out cuz that's how we plan to raise our kids unless further notice!!!

I was rambling anyways, she had the biggest fits up at the campsite. She kept crying and was extremely picky with who was holding her and how she was being held. Then night time came GOODNESS GRACIOUS she yelled and took turns with the babies. It was kind of funny to hear different tents going off at different times. Poor Celeste, Ben, and Stan.



I had quit a scare this morning I woke up to angry cows. To be honest we all did, I was a bit scared because I wasn't sure if the cows were going to trample threw the tents, (Alex just laughed at that when I told him) I was frightened, I don't think I've ever heard angry cows before. I just heard them everywhere around us calling each other and heard them running. Ok so yeah maybe they wouldn't hurt us but Celestes dog was up there and I wasn't sure he would keep them away. I found out later he's scared of cows, problem solved!!



I'm stoked for our next year campout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment