CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 06, 2012

Day 1: Love is Patient July 4-5

                      
  "If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
 but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a
       clanging cymbal" 1 Corinthians 13: 1

So I figure I'll write the day after since Al is around all evening long. I kind of extended the end date for this one.  July 4th was busy and I felt like I could have done a lot better.  I thought "hey it's the first day I'll try it again on July 5th."  Well  I have to say that This challenge was a bit more tough then I anticipated it to be.  The "It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret" that is challenged in the book, especially on high stress day's is difficult.  Alex always has a way to stay very calm, he's a very patient person especially with me.  Last night we watched a movie called 1000 words and It's all about choosing your words carefully.  I thought what a coincidence that Al chose this movie when I had a challenge going on for myself at the time. 

The 4th was difficult to stay optimistic and to choose my words carefully.  We thought we had lost the phone, I seriously thought we would start pointing fingers at each other HA!  I guess I then realized I'm usually the one that starts pointing fingers because Al didn't say anything and began to act.  Of course he found it and I was proud of myself for keeping my cool.  It only followed with traffic, long lines, heat, and Zoey testing us.  I can't say I didn't slip up once in a while mostly with disapprovign thoughts and trying to hold my tongue, but it sure made me concious of myself and my attitude.  This is why I wanted another day with this challenge. I realized that more chaotic day's bring out true colors.  Actually rather a struggle for myself to accept that my husband is right in that I can change the mood in a room by how I feel I wear it on my sleeve!  I believe I have witnessed this for myself now the real struggle is to figure out how to change that!

Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger.   James 1:19

0 comments:

Post a Comment