CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 12: Love Lets the Other Win


"The wise and loving thing to do is to start approaching your disagreements with a willingness to not always insis on your own way..."" The wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield" - The Love Dare & James 3: 17 NKJV

Oh Goodness me.  This one is So difficult for me.  I am stubborn... I know that... I have also come a far ways from where we where when we where first married I know because Al and I take a look down memory road and realize how my reactions have changed.  I am realizing that being stubborn is a good thing when it concerns moral issues or conflicts of the world attacking my family.  But it's the way I react that changes the outcome of having stubborness is a good thing.

It's difficult to keep the Dare in my mind when it challenges your reactions.  Well I've had a dissagreement with how Al should spend his time when he's home.  More time with Zoey maybe.  Read rather then watch tv.  Help me clean up after Zoey's caused a disaster...etc you get the jist of it.  That's not fair though

He works out of this home.. I work in the home.  Being a mother and wife is a 24/7 job, so is his.  He protects the home, cares for us, always provides, works out of the home, and he constantly has a great attitude about it. Alex has his "daily"  talks with Zoey and He makes time to talk, play, eat, read and pray with us daily.  When he gets home and he has 2 hours of free time, and he watches sports center and gives Zoey a bite of his ice cream.  I will not spazz out!!  His time is spent well because I know he lives for us and we for him.

So many tiny disagreements begin with "shouldn't you be helping with...."  This will change and has change everything since I've made it a point to let it go and change. I guess now I have the right to be stubborn... stubborn to protect the small amount of free time Alex has.

If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.-Romans 12:18

0 comments:

Post a Comment