CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 5: Love is Not Rude July 10


"Do you wish your spouse would quit doing the things that bother you? Then it's time to stop doing the things that bother them"- The Love Dare

This is an amazing Dare in the book.  I love the 3 principles to marriage ettiquette.  So many times I have noticed couples point flaws and have learned during dating time that we must be the ones to set the example and change first.  I actually had the liberty last year to find out the top 3 things Al wished I would change about my personality, or simply anything that drives him nuts!!  This was tough for him at first because I knew that he didn't want to hurt my feelings so I set a strict "we will NOT be allowed to get angry"  We listed some last time and discussed the changes and how we had conquered a few.  So this time around we both mentioned our current top 3 annoyances.  You can imagine that this would get gritty but we had a lot of fun talking about examples of course also mentioning the "So... no getting mad right?" before our list went out.  I guess I brought my journal to this blog soooo here it goes Al's list is left alone since this is about me changing.

1.Bringing conversations in on inopportune times (sports watching, homework time, relaxing times etc).
2. More one on one time 
3. Be more flexible with schedule if things don't work out or are changed Don't freak out!


I guess after discussing these I realized that I had been working on all of these but simply not enough.  Especially if things seem to be going up in smoke and I have no control over what is going on I push my attempts aside and get moody.  Alex has mentioned several times how my attitude can change the mood in a room simply by walking in.  Which could be both good or bad. 
It was easy to take in I'm just happy we are a couple that can talk about things and not blow up on each other!


0 comments:

Post a Comment