CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 8: Love is Not Jealous

"It is time to let love, humility and gratefulness destroy any jealousy that springs up in your heart...draw you closer together and give your greater opportunities to show genuine love."-The Love Dare

So Thankfully, I had the privilage to burn the list of negatives.  Who wants that sticking around when you risk hurting your spouse.  I felt so worried he may discover it and I just wanted to get rid of it.  Last time I burned the list it set the fire alarms off in the home AND spontaneously Alex came home from work early.  He asked why the house looked a bit foggy and what that smell was.  I honestly don't remember what I told him but that was too risky so this time its to the paper shredder for me and that list!!  Anyways This negativity thing and staying away from saying anything has actually been difficult.  Al and I tease each other and yeah sometimes it goes a bit to far.  So keeping the fun times without the little smirky remarks actually is difficult for this sarcastic family!

This goal centered itself with focusing on the achievements of your spouse.  You know I am glad to say I've never felt jealous towards Al, if anything I've always been proud of him.  I am very proud of Alex and what he sacrifices and all the hard work he does for the family.  Sometimes I focus on what he doesn't do rather than what he does do like taking out the trash and how I have to cover for him.  But then I realize.... Alex sets such a great example by getting up early, being on call 24/7, going to school and doing homework for hours at a time, still finding genuine time for us, doing service, fulfilling his calling at church, and fulfilling his roll as a father and husband.  ALL in one day.  I am very proud to have a husband that works so hard for us!  Why would I be jealous when he supports me to stay home and have fun teaching Zoey every day and never misses a day to tell us he loves us very much!


0 comments:

Post a Comment